Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Review: Stitches and Pins by Bunkhouse Books

I contacted Bunkhouse Books recently to see if I could do a review on their 18" doll pattern since Kayla loves to make homemade dolls.


Not only did she send me the 18" doll pattern to review, but she also sent me a beginner's sewing guide


and a devotional book to go along with the sewing guide.


For a newbie sewer like myself, I was blown away when I got this in the mail. I sat down and poured over each piece for almost an hour. The book begins with a detailed description of a sewing machine and what each piece is for. For me, this was great because I really know nothing about my sewing machine. I have just been learning as I go and *hoping* I was doing it right. Not anymore thanks to this wonderful little gem!

In the book they also list the sewing supplies that you normally need on hand, different types of fabric and how it used in sewing, how to read a pattern, how to pin fabric(a real must if you are not sure), good sewing habits, and practice pages for you to practice stitching!

There are 14 projects in the book to help you master each step. The projects start from super easy and work their way up to harder ones as you learn new stitches and techniques.

I think what I love most about this product is the devotional that goes along with the sewing book. The devotional starts from the very first lesson in the sewing book--not the projects, but from the first lesson, you know the one about learning the parts of a sewing machine? There is a devotion for every step you learn.

Kayla and I are going to be making a pillowcase for her bed soon(the first easy project), and she is really looking forward to it!

I hope you enjoyed this review, because I truly enjoyed reviewing this product. If you would like to know more about Bunkhouse Books and see some of the other products they have available, you can go HERE.

No comments: