Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Do I Really Strive

Yesterday when I was reading my Bible, God planted a verse right in front of my very eyes that I had not seen before. This verse made me stop and think about whether or not I had been doing just what it says:

Hosea 6:3a Let us strive to know the Lord.

Those 7 little words spoke so proundly to me that all I wanted to do after I read this was to get on my face before the Lord and know Him in all His wonderful glory.

The word strive really stuck out to me, so I looked it up. What does it mean to strive? to exert oneself vigorously; try hard I love that. I should try with EVERYTHING in me to know the Lord. To know Him? Know Him how? possessing inside, secret, or special information. By knowing the inside secrets of God. What are those? The only way to find out is read......the......Word.

No comments: