Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

On Thursday, our homeschool group went to Christian Way Farm to the Pumpkin Patch! This is my favorite field trip to attend, simply because I love the farm life. I think that I am destined to be a frontier wife, living in the wilderness! I was meant for the country, but for now I live in the city. How my heart yearns......

Oh well, back to the story at hand! We had a blast learning all about the farm!

The first thing we did was listen to the story about how the pumpkins grow. I love this place because Mrs. Janie tells a little parable about the pumpkin and how it's lilfe is alot like ours before God comes in and cleans it all up! It is absolutely wonderful!

Next we learned about the corn that they grow on their farm. The kids were amazed to learn what all corn can be used for. Kayla enjoyed the corn shucker!

Because after shucking the corn, you take some corn to Mr. Milt and they grind it to make feed for the animals. After watching how it is grinded, then you get to feed the animals (another of Kayla's favorite parts!)After feeding the animals, we started on our trek through the corn maze. You have to go through the maze to get to the pumpkin patch! It was there that we found our wonderful pumpkins!After finding the pumpkins, we took a wagon ride back up to the farm for some playtime! My kids love all the cool toys they have on the farm, but their favorite has always been the hay castle!And the tricycles!Goofing off for mom!And hanging out with friends playing!We have a great bunch of kids in our homeschool group and I am so blessed to be a part of it!

No comments: