Here are some excerpts from the book itself that just really spoke to my heart the past few days:
- Truth is where God's been. Revelation is where God is.
- A true God Chaser is not happy with just past truth; he must have present truth.
- If we're not careful, we can become so interested in developing the "cult of the comfortable" with our comfortable pastor, our comfortable church building, and our comfortable circle of friends, that we forget about the thousands of discontented, wounded, and dying people who pass by our comfortable church every day! I can't help but think that if we fail to even try to reach them with the gospel of Jesus Christ, then He sure wasted a lot of blood on Calvary. Now that makes me uncomfortable.
- For too long we humans have only allowed the Holy Spirit to take control up to a certain point. Basically whenever it gets outside of our comfort zone or just a little beyond our control, we pull in the reins ( the Bible calls it "quenching the Spirit" in 1st Thess 5:19)
- Listen, my friend, God doesn't care about your music, your midget steeples, and your flesh-impressive buildings. Your church carpet doesn't impress Him-He carpets the fields. God doesn't really care about anything you can "do" for Him. He only cares about your answer to one question: "Do you want me?"
Now put your relationship with Christ in that same position. Don't just stand there waiting for Him...go after Him. Pursue Him with EVERYTHING in you. Stop at NOTHING. Choose Him over and above anything else in your life.
Chase God....run after Him....not in a trot, but in a full....fledge....all...out....run.