Memory Verse: Genesis 2: 20 The man gave names to all livestock and to the birds of the heavens and to every beast of the field. But for Adam[g] there was not found a helper fit for him. 21 So the LORD God caused a(U) deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. 22 And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made[h] into a woman and brought her to the man. 23 Then the man said,
“This at last is(V) bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called Woman,
because she was(W) taken out of Man.”[i]
Introduction: Does She or Doesn’t She (Clairol Shampoo)The world sees Christianity as a male dominant religion. It’s seen as a religion dominated by men, for men. But we know that God loves women - God created woman, and has used women to bring about His plan for the world.
Assignment: Tell the world about your favourite woman in the Bible. Who is she? How did the world judge her? How does God see her? How did God use her? How has this woman affected your life? How does she inspire you to walk out your relationship with God?
Photo: Has some great artist through history painted or depicted your Bible woman? Show us your Bible woman through art.
As you can tell from the title of my blog who my favorite woman in the Bible is. If you haven't guessed by now, it is Queen Esther.
There are many things about Queen Esther that really speak to me as a woman. She has helped make me who I am today and I thought that I would share with you a little of why this lady means so much to me.
- Esther was an orphan, not by choice, but because the world had dealt her a cruel hand. Her parents were both killed. Mordecai, her cousin, set it in his heart and mind to care for her and raise her as his own. As children of the Lord, we are all orphans until we accept God's call to raise us as His own.
- Esther was torn from her family and thrown into a harem of women who would be given beauty treatments for a year in order to spend only ONE night with a king who may never ever call them to them again. In all of this, she trusted God that He had a better plan for her life than to be a harem girl. Do we trust God like that? I know sometimes I totally fail at that. Instead of knowing that He cares for me and will let no harm come to me, I fret and worry and stress. I need to remember to trust God even in the difficult times.
- Esther loved the king with everything that was in her. She loved him with the love of the Lord. She never spoke unkindly to her man, nor was she ever negative in any way. She went out of her way to make him feel like the king he was. I believe that is because of who she served. The Lord will teach us to treat our mates like this if we allow Him to. He will teach you how to speak to your man and love him as if he were a king.
- Esther was chosen as God's holy spokes person for a whole generation of people. Had she refused her people might have died. But because she loved God and believed that He would answer her, she stepped out in faith and accepted His call on her life. She was willing to give her life for those of her people. It was for Such a Time as This.
- Esther believed in fasting and praying. These two items when combined can move the heart of God so fast that you will not believe it yourself. Nothing gets God's attention faster than someone giving up something important for the Lord.
While you are at it, here is a beautiful music video as well!