Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

When the Joy of Simplicity is Enough

As I sit here writing this, I am in awe that we are soon coming to a close on our second year of homeschooling. I think back to that first day 2 years ago as two little eager faces stared back at me, and I thought to myself, "What in the world have I gotten myself into?" It's so funny to think how rigorous I was that first year and how much more relaxed I have become in just two years.

The kids and I both have learned the joy of being together, enjoying each others' company. Kayla is learning to cook as well as Robert. Robert has landed his first two jobs ever. The thing that most excites me about schooling my children at home is that we are learning LIFE skills, not just book skills. I think back to my own wasted school years, all those years ago, all the things that were useless that I had to learn that I don't even remember to this day! My kids are growing up knowing what it means to help those in need, and to put others first. What a blessing.

The title of this post is about simplicity. Being at home, loving my family, learning to be the woman God wants of me...that is simplicity in itself. And to me, that is enough. I thank God every day for the simple life He has asked me to lead. I have women tell me all the time, "Your life seems so peaceful". If only they knew all that is going on right now. Stephen has been out of work since October, bills are constantly getting paid late, sometimes we run low on food, but in all of this, there is peace. Peace from the Savior. I cling to the verse in the Bible that says, "God has never seen the righteous forsaken or His seed begging for bread. I will trust Him regardless of what is going on. I HAVE TO.

Where are you at right now? Has God spoken to you directly about some things? Use this time to TRUST Him in all things. You may not understand what He is asking of you, but in all things, be like Abraham, and trust Him.

No comments: