Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Heart Of The Matter: Garden Update



My garden has been growing like a weed....literally. I am kinda frustrated with the little varmints that won't leave things alone! So far here is what has been going on:

  • The kids and I planted all our favorite veggies!: corn green beans, onions, peppers, tomatoes, watermelon, canteloupe, and pumpkin.
  • It rained really hard the day we planted, and the water pooled in one corner of the garden.
  • Went out a few days later to check on the growth and was totally excited because the corn had sprouted! Nothing else had come up yet
  • Went out a few days later and noticed some of my corn tops had been chewed off by the rabbits (grrrrrr)
  • Also noticed I had tomato plants that had made their way to the green bean rows. Must have been washed there by the rain. (double grrrr)
  • Evidently the sand that is in the back half of my garden where we used to have the pool is not a very good place to try and grow pumpkins
  • I realize that growing a garden is ALOT harder than it looks
So there you have the update on my garden. I will continue to give updates on how it's doing. As for right now, I have to get off here and go get some kind of fencing to put around it if I want my things to survive the rabbits!

No comments: