My garden has been growing like a weed....literally. I am kinda frustrated with the little varmints that won't leave things alone! So far here is what has been going on:
- The kids and I planted all our favorite veggies!: corn green beans, onions, peppers, tomatoes, watermelon, canteloupe, and pumpkin.
- It rained really hard the day we planted, and the water pooled in one corner of the garden.
- Went out a few days later to check on the growth and was totally excited because the corn had sprouted! Nothing else had come up yet
- Went out a few days later and noticed some of my corn tops had been chewed off by the rabbits (grrrrrr)
- Also noticed I had tomato plants that had made their way to the green bean rows. Must have been washed there by the rain. (double grrrr)
- Evidently the sand that is in the back half of my garden where we used to have the pool is not a very good place to try and grow pumpkins
- I realize that growing a garden is ALOT harder than it looks