Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gearing up and Getting Ready

We now are in the home stretch of our summer vacation. We will begin school on Monday. To be honest, I am so ready to get back into our regular routine. I believe the kids are ready too!

I have realized that this summer, I have spent more time on this computer than I have anything else. My blogs, working, playing on Facebook have literally sucked every bit of my free time. I have been praying asking God to show me how to balance it all. He has sent many articles my way from other ladies feeling the same way. To be honest though, I just am not good at managing my time.

So I have finally decided to take the timer approach. I am setting a timer and when that goes off, regardless of what is not done, I will turn off the computer. I am also going to make me a list of things I need to do each day for work so that I don't get sidetracked with "stuff", which is so easy to do when you are on here everyday!

Since school will be beginning next week, I am going to take a bloggy break and finish up any loose ends that I need to get completed by next week. I look forward to sharing with you our new homeschool year.

In Him,

Jennifer

4 comments:

Beth Herring said...

I pray the break will be one of refreshment and restoration. I know what you mean about spending too much time on the computer. I too, limit myself and when its over its over!

Samantha said...

Praying for you as you begin your new school year, we also plan to start soon. Enjoy your break, blessings to you dear one.

Kimalita said...

You are beginning a break, while I am jsut returning from one. :) You stopped by my blog back in Feb, right when I took a break and I never did get to your comment, until today. I am so sorry. It was much needed, but now I have missed all my blogging friends I've decided to get back to it.
I hope that you'll visit again and I look forward to coming here seeing what the Lrod does in your school year!!
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/kimalita

Kimalita said...

aw man, my comment went into outerspace somewhere. :((

You are taking a break as I am just coming back from mine. You visited me back in Feb, and at that point, somehow I left blogging land, jsut got crazy busy and haven't come back til now. I am so sorry I never got to read your comment until today. You asked me to turn on my RSS feed, I thought it was, I'll have to look. Anyway, I hope that you'll visit again as I get back to it and I hope to learn from your homeschool journey as well!
Bless you!
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/kimalita