Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Strawberry Pretzel Salad

I have had numerous people ask me, "What in the world do you put in a strawberry Pretzel Salad"? Well, today I am going to give you my recipe for it. I love this stuff and could eat it all the time. It is not very fattening and can even be made healthier by changing some of the ingredients to light, low fat, or sugar free.

Here is my recipe. I hope you enjoy!

Strawberry Pretzel Salad

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
3 tablespoons sugar
1 stick of butter
1 pkg of cream cheese
/2 cup sugar
1 small carton of whipped topping
2 smal boxes strawberry jello
Strawberries for garnish (optional)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. IN a 13x9 pan combine melted butter, pretzel and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Mix together and flatten out as a crust in bottom of pan. Cook in oven for about 10 minutes.
  3. While this layer is cooling, combine cream cheese softened, 1/2 cup sugar, and whipped topping in a bowl until well mixed. Spread over cooled crust.
  4. While this is chilling in the refrigerator, mix together jello according to package directions. Put in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes until it begins to jell slightly. Spread over cream cheese mixture and leave in the refrigerator for 3 hours or until firm.
Serves 8

1 comment:

Lisa @ akawest said...

That is one of the best desserts. It always reminds me of baby, or bridal showers, because back when I attended those, it was served often.