Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Honey Chicken

Since I will be trying out the Once a Month Cooking thing starting next week, I have been trying out a few of the recipes and so far they have all been delicious. They are so good that there never seems to be any leftovers!
This week I tried a new recipe that I thought I would share with you all. It is called Honey Chicken.
002
Honey Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, and basil. Put chicken in a 13X9 baking dish that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken.  Bake in a  400 degree oven for 45 minutes. If you want you can also grill these.
Serves 4
I must say that this is really good! The taste of the honey mixed with the soy sauce just gave it a really smooth flavor. I think this would go great paired with rice or noodles of some type! And it is very healthy!

Hope you enjoy!

This post is linked to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.
This post is linked to URS.

No comments: