Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Homemade Potato Skins

I made homemade potato skins the other day (don't you just hate the overrated price that restaraunts charge for appetizers?)
I had everything on hand to make these! I have started paying more attention to what is in my pantry as opposed to running out and buying something that I think I don't have. We only live a couple of minutes from the store and I am always doing this causing us more money in the long run. So until I run completely out, I am trying not to go to the store.

Here is the recipe:

Homemade Potato Skins
4 Baking Potatoes
5 slices of cooked bacon crumbled
shredded cheese
1. Cook bacon either in the microwave or on the stovetop until easy to crumble.
2. Bake potatoes in either the microwave or in the oven (whichever method you prefer)
3. Allow potatoes to rest for about 10 minutes. Turn broiler on.
4. Slice Potatoes about 1 1/2" thick. Lay flat on baking pan.
5. Cover with shredded cheese and sprinkle with bacon.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Place under broiler until cheese is melted and oozy.
Enjoy!!

No comments: