Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Pioneer Woman Meal

Last week, I got my new Pioneer Woman cookbook in the mail (I know…can’t you just hear me squealing with delight!)
51AIss1NSAL._SL500_AA240_
As soon as I opened it, I was blown away by all the beautiful photos, some of which I have seen because I follow her blog.
I picked out a few of her recipes, along with some of my own and made a meal fit for a king! We started off the evening with scrumptious stuffed jalapenos. 003
I had never eaten any before and all I can say is WOW! The skins of the peppers get really soft and just melt in your mouth, along with the cream cheese, bacon, and barbecue sauce(anything with bacon is good, right).
Then our next course was my favorite Herb Crusted Tenderloin! This thing always turns out scrumptious. It comes from my girl Paula Deen!
005
You just cannot have meat without some kind of bread, right? I had been eyeing these rolls on PW’s website for sometime now and I was bound and determined to make them. As always, it did not let me down one little bit! These rolls are SO buttery and flavorful, that I have made them now four times since we had this meal!004
And then a meal is never complete without potatoes! In the cookbook, PW shares her recipe for Potato Skins. OH MY WORD! These skins are just like the ones in the restaurant!
007
To get this recipe, you have to get your own cookbook, cause I couldn’t find this recipe on her website!
As you can tell I love cooking for my family! Hopefully in 2010 I can share some more meal pleasing dishes with you!

No comments: