Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Learning To Love Yourself

I have always struggled with low self esteem of myself. Even now today, I struggle with the ability to love myself. I mean, I know God loves me and that to Him, I am the most beautiful of all the ladies and I am a jewel in His crown. But in real life, let's face it. . .I am just another face in the crowd.

I try really hard to think back to my childhood when my low self esteem started. Did it start during the time I was mistreated by boys during a very young age? Did it start during the years I began to develop earlier than all the other girls and I had to hide myself? Did it start in high school when I was searching for someone to love me, even though I knew the way I was searching was the wrong way? When did it start? 

I think that is a question that will forever live in the back of my mind, because I still do not have the answer. But there is one thing that I do know. I know that I have a God who loves me more than anyone or anything. He picks me up when I feel down and tells me to keep my head up. He is there to wrap His arms around me and tell me everything is going to be okay.

Today my struggle is not as bad as it used to be. I have come to the point in my life that I like myself. I don't feel I am fully there to love myself as freely as I want to, but I am learning. What about you? Do you deal with feelings of low self esteem?

No comments: