Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

And Now She's 12

I remember the day I found out I was pregnant with you. I was scared and not ready to be a mother again. But God had other plans. He knew I needed another little special someone in my life.

I remember all the complications I had during my pregnancy with you--the bed rest, the fact that we almost lost you the day you were born, how colicky you were when you finally arrived. But OH--the day you arrived, was the highlight of the whole family. Daddy held you first because he wanted to create that special father daughter bond. Robert made sure that when we got you home, he was the first to sit and hold and feed you. He rocked you back and forth in your swing, watching every move you made.


And me, well, I just sat and stared at this beautiful baby girl who had been given to me to raise. At that moment, I was bound and determined to create with you a special mother daughter relationship that I never had with my mom.

You were a very adorable baby. You always kept everyone laughing.

And nothing could keep you from those Pizza Pringles!
As you grew older, your beauty just became more evident, and your dad and I have always been proud of your accomplishments.
You will always be daddy's little girl and mommy's little chef. I am so thankful that God changed my plans and gave you to us to raise and nurture into a beautiful woman.



As you continue to grow and learn, remember that God loves you more than you will ever know and I am SO glad that you were born!

Happy 12th birthday baby! We are SO proud of you!!

No comments: