Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

When Our Men Try

I remember several years ago something that happened that is still a vivid memory in my mind. It was the sweetest gesture that my man has ever made for me, and one that I will continue to remember until the day that I die.

He knows what a romantic I am. I love candles and romance books and chick flicks galore! While I was away one day, he decided to surprise me with a candlelit dinner.

Now mind you, it was not a fancy candlelit dinner with fine china and silver, but one done out of love. He grilled our favorite food--steak and baked potatoes. He sent our children to his mothers for the evening. When I got home that day, he met me at that door. He was smiling from ear to ear. I knew something was up.

I walked in the door and my breath was taken away. He had taken our coffee table and turned it into a beautiful candlelit dinner for two. He had went out of his way to make me feel loved and special. At that moment, I never had any doubt that he loved me.

I guess the reason I am sharing this is because I know as women, we sometimes shoot our men down when they try to do their best at showing us they love and care for us. I know because I have done that as well. If your man tries to wash the dishes or fold a load of clothes, don't criticize how they do it, but instead thank them for loving you enough to help.

What about you? Is there something that your man has done for you lately that you have overlooked, but realize now it was his way of saying "honey I love you"?

No comments: