Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Apple Dumplings

I joined a new recipe swap a couple of weeks ago. It is really neat the way it works. You are paired up with another blogger and the two of you get to choose a recipe from each others website and make it. Then you get to post about it on your website! This idea comes from the Taste and Create site, which I have grown quite fond of lately!

My partner is Jen from The Misadventures of Mrs. B! I am totally in love with her website! She has some really yummy recipes on there, not to mention some funny posts as well.

Anyway, the recipe of hers that I chose to create was Apple Dumplings. After reading the post, I found out that this recipe originated from the Pioneer Woman so I already knew I was going to love it!

I cannot begin to tell you how absolutely and sinfully delicious this is! Here is the recipe:

Ingredients
  • 2 whole Granny Smith Apples
  • 2 cans (8 Oz. Cans) Crescent Rolls
  • 2 sticks Butter
  • 1-½ cup Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • Cinnamon, To Taste
  • 1 can (12 Oz.) Mountain Dew Soda
Preparation Instructions
Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.



2 comments:

MollyinMinn said...

Oh my, those look absolutely fantastic! Now I am hungry!

SilverMoon Dragon said...

They are crazy aren't they? I made them years ago - they were blazing across the blogosphere like some sort of insane fattening meme, and I had to give it a try myself.

I added strawberry halves to mine, alongside the apple... mmm, drooling now at the memory!