Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

A Girl's Guide to Life


I am really looking forward to Kayla doing this book this year for school. When I got it in, I thumbed through the pages and was immediately drawn to all the topics it covers for girls. I think every teen girl should read this book. I wish I would have had it when I was a teenager. I could have had many answers to the questions I had.
This one is being added to our homeschool curriculum this year as Kayla's devotional book.

About the Book:

A Girl's Guide to Life offers girls a fun, healthy approach to facing their adolescent years. This complete resource helps teenage girls deal with all the traumas, dramas, and triumphs in their lives. The book is divided into Body, Mind, and Soul sections to address the relevant issues in each area of a young woman’s life. It’s "the" book for any girl wondering what’s happening to her body, soul, and mind during these crazy years.
Revised and updated to include information on texting, sexting, and the viral cultural in which teens live, this book will help girls navigate their way through what can be a very tumultuous time in life.
With conversations with real teen girls, a foundation on God and the Bible, and helpful tips and questions for the reader, girls will gain an encouraging and fresh perspective on their lives.
A Girl's Guide to Life offers teen girls a new approach to facing their adolescent years.

2 comments:

Hannah Braboy said...

That looks like a good book! The cover is pretty, too! (I love me some good photography and graphics!)

Blossom Barden (NorthLaurel) said...

Can't wait to hear what she/you have to say about this book! I have it and I think so far it's gooooood. My daughter is almost 14 and some of the topics don't 'apply' to her right now, but they will! And getting the heads up on them now, from a Christian perspective, from someone other than mom I hope will be a help to her in her coming years.
Where was this book when I was a teen!? :)