Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lessons Learned From the Waffle Maker



I am so excited about my waffle maker that I found! I got it at the flea market for only $4.00 and it has been the best purchase so far.It's the old timer kind with the old but good chord that has the on an off switch built into it and a heat indicator on the top.

The other morning I pulled it out for its first official use in the Sikora household. I did NOT pay attention to directions and this was what my first attempt at waffles looked like:





But then, I decided to heed the advice of the directions and I began to FINALLY get waffles that were beginning to actually look like waffles!



So basically, FOLLOW directions when it comes to making homemade waffles! Here's the recipe. Hope you enjoy! That WORKS FOR ME!

Ingredients

  • 2 eggs

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour

  • 1 3/4 cups milk

  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil

  • 1 tablespoon white sugar

  • 4 teaspoons baking powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.

  2. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix (1/2 cup at a time) onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.

This post is linked to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Tuesdays at the Table and Kitchen Tip Tuesday, and Works For Me Wednesday.

2 comments:

the country cook @ Delightful Country Cookin' said...

Those look delicious! I'm posting a corn waffle recipe tomorrow - I just love homemade waffles! - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

April Harris said...

I really must buy a waffle maker! Your recipe sounds great!