Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Amish Proverbs Review

"If you play you will have to pay".

Have your parents ever said anything to you that has stuck with you all throughout your life time? My parents use to always tell me the above proverb all the time to remind me that everything I did had consequences involved.

I just finished reading Amish Proverbs by Suzanne Woods Fisher and I must tell you that I love this little book! It is a very quick read. 

I think the thing that I love most about this book is that I can see myself using many of their proverbs in teaching my own children. Another thing that I really liked was the pictures that were shared throughout the book. I have gotten to where I love to look at certain photography and the Amish life is very intriguing to me. The photos are gorgeous and you will immediately fall in love with the stories involved as well.

About the book:

Simplify your life with Amish wisdom
Through firsthand research and personal relationships, Suzanne Woods Fisher has collected more than 200 proverbs that uncover the rich heritage, folklore, faith, values, history, and essence of the Plain People. These proverbs serve as teaching tools and maxims for practical living--but they're not just for the Amish. They're for anyone who seeks God's wisdom and truth for everyday circumstances.
Ranging from the simple to the profound, from the serious to the humorous, these sayings will stick with you through life's joys and sorrows. With beautiful full-color photos throughout, Amish Proverbs is the perfect gift for any occasion.

I received this book from Baker Publishing Group as compensation for my review. All opinions shared are my own.

No comments: