However, I have learned that by playing Monopoly, they are learning math skills. Sometimes, it is better to teach a lesson when it can be fun and interactive. Skills that can be taught when playing games are:
- counting~how many spaces do you have to move? Count them out loud.
- estimation~how many inches do you think you will move?
- logic~if I move there, what will happen? How can I move to make sure I stay in the game?
- counting back change~That property is $320. If I gave you $500, how much will I get back?
- multiplication~I landed on that property and now I have to pay you 5% of whatever rolls on the dice. How much will that be?
Do you have any particular games you like to use to teach with?