Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

What I Love About the Hillbilly Housewife


When I started learning how to cook from scratch and pinch our pennies around here, I was introduced to The Hillbilly Housewife. Immediately, I was drawn in to the ease of which her recipes are made. In my mind, I thought surely these recipes cannot be this easy to prepare. Believe me, they are!

For a while, I made many of her recipes on her website, but then I was intrigued by her Freezer Cooking Made Simple E-Book. I had longed to learn about freezer cooking and every other book I have ever read said I had to do it once a month. Not the Hillbilly Housewife! She says that you can do it by the week, bi-weekly, monthly--whatever is easiest for you! In her E-Book, she has broken down and done all the hard work for you, all you have to do is implement it!
Another one of her books that I absolutely love is Meal Planning Made Simple. I am an avid meal planner! For a long time though, I was not real sure how to menu plan that well. The Hillbilly Housewife does a great job showing me how to break those menus down and save them so that I can rotate out and always have a fresh week of food to serve my family.

The Hillbilly Housewife also has a club where you can join and talk to other frugal minded moms. Right now, you can join the club for only $1! To join the Hillbilly Housewife Club   just click the link.

To become an affiliate for the Hillbilly Housewife, just click here: Become an Affiliate

3 comments:

Terri said...

Thanks for stopping by www.craftyworkinmommy.blogspot.com and following. I am a new follower and can't wait to read about freezing my meals, I have been wanting to do this!
Terri

Mommy Minded said...

Hi Jennifer!

Thank you so much for stopping by Mommy Minded! I am following back!

Megan
www.mommyminded.blogspot.com

Housewife Eclectic said...

Wow that sounds pretty cool. I will have to check it out!

Thanks for the follow! I am returning it now. Stop by and add your blog to the blogshare community at Housewife Eclectic. Find new blogs and gain new readers!
http://www.housewifeeclectic.com/p/housewife-eclectic-blogshare-community.html