The next time you have an urge for chocolate pie, try your hand at making a Chocolate Chess Pie. It may be just a southern gal thing, but this pie is SO scrumptious!
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix sugar and cocoa together. Beat the eggs then add to the cocoa mixture. Beat in the milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into 9 inch unbaked pie shell and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until set. Let cool before slicing.