Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Birds and The Bees

This past week was a week of experiences for me as my husband and I shared the "birds and the bees" story with our kids. My husband made a very valid point since I was so uptight about sharing this with our 12 and 9 year old. He said when we get embarrassed about sharing what God created between a man and a woman, they curious and want to know what it is that we are hiding. So since we were studying that day about bees and pollination, we took the plunge and shared with our children.

I can tell you that I was a nervous wreck, but my husband, God shined through him as he shared with the kids, God's design for marriage, how babies are conceived, how much God made flowers and our inner parts alike, and the beauty of an intimate relationship with your spouse. It was wonderful to watch him interact with his chidren. He loves homeschooling more than I do I think!

The kids were very receptive to what he and I shared with them. They felt comfortable enough to ask questions, even our 9 year old daughter who is shy about most things!! I was completely floored at how well they listened to what we had to share.

I am glad that God loves us enough to help us in times like that!!!

No comments: