Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Through His Eyes

This week as God has been dealing with me on some serious self esteem issues, I have had the chance to take a really good look at myself.
For the most part, I rarely see myself the way that God sees me. I like to point out all my flaws to Him, and all my weaknesses and remind Him how horrible a person I am for eating like a glutton, or for yelling at my kids, or arguing with my husband, or just being plain lazy.
I recently have been dealing with "the look". Oh, you know what look I am talking about. If you are a homeschooling parent, then you know all too well "the look". The look is the stare and the whispers you get, because you homeschool your kids instead of working to help your family financially. The look is also what you get from people when they think you perceive that Public or Private school is bad and they are wrong for sending their children there instead of homeschooling them(which most of us homeschooling parents don't feel that way). And the look could be from those who think that what you are doing is wrong and that we are going to cause our children to fail in the "real" world because we have sheltered them too much.
Well this week, God has shown me more than once, that it is not about the way the people see you that is important, it is the way God sees us that is important and very vital. You see, we can go around all the time, and do everything the way that everybody is asking us to do them, and in the end, what do we benefit from that? Absolutley NOTHING! We get a broken heart (because if you don't do it the way they think you should then you could possibly get the cold shoulder), we most defintely disappoint God for being a people pleaser instead of a God pleaser, and we become disobedient to God.
Peter states it so well in Acts 5:29 But Peter and the apostles replied, "We must obey God rather than men." Notice that he says we MUST. Not that we might, or not that we should, but that we MUST!!!
If you are homeschooling your children and people are trying to persuade you that they would be better off in a public or private school setting, but God has not shared that same vision with you, hold strong to your obedience to God, so that in the end, when you stand before Him, you can answer, "Master, you gave me two talents,and look I have gained two more talents." Then God will reply, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."
My husband opened my eyes last night on that statement. God does not call us to be perfect,or to be beautiful, He just calls us to be FAITHFUL. How are we faithful? By being obedient to Him, and following His ways, and by looking to Him who is the Author and Finisher of our faith.
Look at yourself through God's eyes, and follow HIM and not the world! Keep up the pace, fight the good fight and finish your course, wherever God is leading you to run!

No comments: