Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

Blogger Friend School #102 Try It You'll Like It

This week our assignment is to post about the feeling you get from helping someone. I can honestly tell you there is no greater joy than putting aside your own concerns for a while and helping someone who truly needs help.

So many times, those times come when it is mostly inconvenient for us. We feel exasperated, exhausted, frustrated, and really put out. But at those times, I have learned that this is when I am truly blessed.

There are many ways that you can help someone. If you are great at cooking, then find a family that seems stressed for time and offer to cook them a meal complete with desssert and salad. Do you know a single mother that is overworked and needs a little TLC? Babysit for her so that she can have some down time to unwind a refresh. How about taking your family down to the local Salvation Army to serve the homeless in your community?

Many, many times, I have learned that to be a blessing to someone else is where my blessing comes from. Sometimes it comes in just knowing that I am doing what God wants me to, other times God will give my family a physical blessing for being obedient to Him.

Matthew 25:40b is one of my favorite verses; "Whatever you do for the least of these, my brothers, you have done it to Me.

These are the best helping hands I could find. They are my husband's hands. From years of work and helping others, they show the true meaning of helping hands.

No comments: