Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Are You a Signet Ring For God?

Yesterday as I spent some time soaking in God's word, I came across a verse that just completely jumped off the page at me.

"On that day-the declaration of the Lord of Hosts-I will take you Zerrubbabel, son of Shealtiel, My servant-the Lord's declaration-and make you like My signet ring, for I have chosen you."

Now I know you are probably thinking, what in the world is so signifcant about this scripture. I began to wonder what God's signet ring looked like. He is gonna make me like His signet ring.

I began searching what the importance of a signet ring entailed and this is what I learned. Everything the king commanded was carried out and emblazoned with His signet ring, as his seal of approval. If it was what the king wrote, it was signed with his signet ring. It was his stamp on something saying that this is my decree.

God is going to make me like His signet ring. His signet ring is Jesus. We are to be like Him, act like Him, follow how He would handle things. We cannot be a signet ring for God if we have one foot in the world and one foot in for God. It has to be all or nothing. Can you envision what half a signet ring would look like? People would think it looks crazy. In order to be a whole signet ring, we have to follow the Lord in every way.

We have to be emblazoned with the symbol of Christ upon our lives, so that when we leave our stamp on the thing that God has asked us to do, all that people see is Christ.

Today, let's make sure that what we are doing is exactly what the King of Kings asked us to do.

Here is a blog that I found with some wonderful thoughts about My Signet Ring.

No comments: