Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Praying Through The Deeper Issues of Marriage by Stormie Omartian

I just finished another great book. Stormie OMartian is one of my favorite female authors. Her books are the ones that I poured myself into when Stephen and I began going through marriage counseling many years ago. Anytime she has a new book on the market, I am sure that I will be grabbing it up!


The very last of this book as I finished reading got me to really thinking about myself. The last chapter was on letting ourselves go, you know, not fixing ourselves up. Now I am sure that most of you all, like myself, run around the house in jeans and t-shirts, or houseshoes and pj's, with no makeup on and hair piled up on our heads, right? Okay, so maybe I am the only one!

Anyway, she talks about giving your man something to look at. At first I thought...she's crazy. Stephen doesn't care what I look like. But then I got to wondering, so I asked him. Here was his response:

"Well, I do like it when I come home and you look nice for me. It makes me feel like I am important when you make yourself presentable just for me."

I know that we tend to neglect ourselves because we stay so busy during the day and all, but we need to take the time to make ourselves presentable to our mates. It makes them feel special and important, and it will also make you feel better about yourself as well.

I encourage you to read this book. There are many tough issues that can cause marital distress and this is one book you will not want to miss!

No comments: