Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Watch Out Betty Crocker...Here She Comes

I am a little late posting this, however, I couldn't let this milestone pass without sharing it with you all.

Kayla and I have made homemade cookies together several times now in the last few months. Well, the other night, Stephen wanted some cookies, but I wasn't feeling well enough to make them. Kayla, in her best mommy voice, says, "I'll make them mom". In the back of my mind, I am thinking, there is NO way that she can do this. At first I said no, because all I could envision was her burning herself on the stove, or forgetting to add an ingredient and then being sad because the cookies didn't turn out.

After thinking about it for a little bit, I changed my mind and said okay. Can I just tell you that my heart as a mother had never been so proud as it was at that moment, when my 10 year old daughter walked in the kitchen, turned on the stove and began to get everything out that she needed to make cookies.

I left that kitchen with a lump in the back of my throat as I realized at that moment, no school could teach my child the necessities of life needed for her to grow and mature into a beautiful woman of God.

Her cookies turned out beautiful! She did everything by herself and was quite proud at her own culinary skills.

No comments: