Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

An Artist's Dream

Kayla has already decided what she wants to be when she grows up. She wants to be an artist. She loves to draw more than anything. She has made the statement that she wants to be able to help her husband bring in an income when she gets married, but yet still be at home so that she can be with her children and be the best mother that Jesus wants her to be (every mother's dream right?)

Well for her birthday, our next door neighbor gave her a gift certificate for one hour with a professional artist that lives in our town. She was so excited.


On Tuesday we got to go to her appointment. I tagged along just so I could snap some photos of this momentous occasion! I never really realized her artistic ability until after this session!


Here are a couple of her drawings before her session.



She was really concentrating on what she wanted to do. Linda suggested that they draw dogwood blossoms since they were in bloom right now! I thought how ironic that was since just the day before, she had really taken some time to study them up close and remember all the details!


Here is her sketch:



And here is the finished project:



Pretty awesome huh?

I love the fact that as homeschooling parents, we get the awesome job of helping our children discover their hidden talents and bringing them to the surface so that God can use them for His glory. As I sit here writing this, I am getting a little misty eyed as I think of our wonderful Creator, the most wonderful Artist there is.

Are you helping your child discover their talents? If not, I urge you to give them the freedom to find it! Once that happens, find things that can help grow that interest!

If you would like to participate in Family Friday, visit Homemaker Barbie's blog!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great sketches. What a wonderful birthday gift. I try to stay in tune with my kids talents and desires in order to foster them. It is a great benefit of homeschooling to be able to more fully nurture those things.
Lori
homeschoolblogger.com/pearcefamily

Homemaker Barbi said...

Those drawings are gorgeous! What an artist. The dogwood blossoms look a lot like cherry blossoms too... so pretty. Thanks for linking up, also!

Danelle Ice/Homemaker Barbi

Beth Herring said...

WOw - she is good! My mother is an artist but I can't even draw stick people! I hope she has a great career one day in art.

Don't forget about my giveaway over the weekend for my 100th post today.

Beth

Courtney@Booksnboys said...

That is the coolest idea for a birthday gift - so personal and fun!
My sister is the artist in my family - I can't draw worth beans. It is an incredible talent that everyone can appreciate.

Anonymous said...

Tell Kayla they are Beautiful! And keep encouraging her.

Suzanne
www.homeschoolblogger.com/suzanne0612