Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday #23

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Today's Thankful Thursday is all about food and cooking. So here are my five without further ado!

1) I am thankful for a Lord who instills in a woman's heart the desire to make her family a healthy homemade meal! I can remember a time BC (before Christ) when I could care less whether my family ate or not ( I still shudder when I think about this time)

2) I am thankful for all the wonderful bloggy friends who post those delicious recipes for me to try. I have found so many yummy to the tummy recipes that are homemade that are just scrumptious! I am so glad that they love to share.

3) I am thankful for a daughter who has a heart to learn what it means to be a true little lady of God. She loves to learn. She has fallen in love with cooking, baking, knitting, quilting, and learning to be a keeper of the home. She wants to be an artist so that when she has children, she can work from home so that she can be available all the time to her family.

4) I am thankful that my hubby loves to cook as well. We get in the kitchen and share the Word with each other while we cook. It is the best time spent together!

5) I am thankful for the encouragement I have received from the Lord and from my bloggy friends while I have been learning how to cook from scratch. I have learned to make so many different things that before I would have just run to the store and grabbed!

So there you have it!! My five things I am thankful for today.

What are you thankful for today? Have you stopped to give the Lord praise for something today?

6 comments:

Homeschool Friend said...

Hi there!

I just added you to my Bookworm Approved Blogroll! I'm thrilled to have you there!!

Journaling Gina said...

Isn't it amazing how God grows us up. I hope you're going to share some amazing recipes with us! Enjoyed reading your Thankful Thursday post.

Gina at http://journalinggina.blogspot.com

Yolanda said...

A beautiful list it is as well!! A blessing you must be in your home, letting your gifts be evident to the inner circle God has blessed you with.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

SusanD said...

Wonderful post. God is so good to provide us with the tools we need to succeed....thru His word, from His spirit, and from our friends. God even uses people we've never met to fulfill His purpose. Blessings, SusanD

Anonymous said...

I admire you...cooking from scratch...I don't think I am ready yet...Other than biscuits...nothing is better than homemade biscuits!

Beth Herring said...

I wish that I loved to cook! Since my kids are grown, I don't cook like I used to because my husband and I don't really eat dinner at night. We like lunch better.

I enjoyed your thankfulness list. Christ shines through!

Beth