Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Mind Full of Random Things

In the last couple of days, I have spent some serious time in prayer regarding my online time. Here is what God showed me. I thought I would share it with you.

  • First of all, my job causes me to have to be on the computer at least 20 hours a week. If I schedule this time from 12-4 everyday, then our family time in the evenings is not jeopardized. The Lord has made it evidently clear that I am to guard our family time as something precious, not to be given up lightly.
  • Secondly, with my job taking up that much time, I do not have time to do ALL the social networking that I have been trying to do. Out of the three (Facebook, Twitter, and my blog) my blog is the one that is the most important to me. With the Lord's help, I have decided to not keep my Facebook and Twitter accounts. This was a painful decision, but when I am on there, time gets lost and I wind up being on the computer for much longer than I anticipated. If and when things slow down and I no longer have to work, then I will probably reopen them, but for now, I will not get on them.
  • If I get up every morning and spend some time with the Lord first, then I have about an hour after that when I can spend time blogging and reading my favorite blogs.
As you can see, the Lord and I have been busy the last couple of days. Thank you to those who sent me emails regarding this sort of thing. Your words were encouraging and I appreciate all the advice that you offered me!

I am also going to try to redo some of my blog. It just looks so busy and complicated. I want people to see the reflection of the Savior when they look at my page.

If you enjoy reading my posts, please let me know. I am going to be doing more devotions each week as well as the Lord and I spend time together!

No comments: