Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Newbie Quilt Lover's Dream

A couple of week's ago, Kayla and I were invited to go with one of the ladies from our church to the AQS Annual Quilt Show that is held in Paducah, KY. Since we are newbie quilters, we were so excited to get to go and admire other's hard work and perserverance.

I took so many pictures that I cannot share them all with you, however I have picked out my favorites for you to view!

I believe this one is my all time favorite! It was quilted by an amish lady and to me this just says, "Welcome Home"


Another one that was just gorgeous......The Perfect Storm....

I found out while I was there that the Underground Railroad had a quilt that helped give directions on how to get to safety. I found this and took a picture of it:





Here is the Best In Show. I think it is pretty, but there were so many, how could you choose just one for best in show??


And last but not least..."Let Him Ask of God"...It is breathtaking...I warn you



If you would like to view all 90 pictures of the beautiful quilts that I took photos of, you can go here.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow, those quilts are truly works of art. What wonderful artists those quilters are!

I'm so glad that you all got to see them in person. What a neat experience!