Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Can You Feel Your Throat Tighten?

Lately my friend Nancy and I have been talking about our growing teens. She will be graduating one soon and mine...well...they just keep growing up on me so fast. It's scary. Do you ever get those annoying questions in the back of your mind? The ones that sound a lot like fear of failure?


  • Did I teach him enough Lord?
  • Will he continue his whole life to trust you Lord?
  • Will he still be a blessing when the teen years really set in?
  • Does he know how to care for himself Lord?
  • Does he understand the value of a dollar Lord?
  • Does he know how to serve you wholeheartedly Lord?
  • Does she realize just how powerful her words can be?
  • Will she trust you all the days of her life?
  • Will she allow you Lord to help her choose her mate?
  • Will she be rebellious and boy crazy like I was Lord?
  • Will they follow you after they leave home Lord?
  • Will they always be best friends like they are now?


Yesterday, our daughter, 11 years old, decided that for Mother's Day she would give me a perfectly clean house. I almost cried at her thoughtfulness. She is such a blessing and I am just humbled at the fact that God would choose me for her mother.




Robert's lawn business is growing. He has now gotten two more yards to mow. I am humbled by his work ethic. We have constantly ground the scripture in his brain that whatever you do, do it as unto the Lord and it has paid off tremendously. He loves hard work and has become my husband's best friend.



My kids are growing and we are reaching a new era, the friendship era. Instead of constantly disciplining them, we are now able to step back some and let them make some errors and learn from those mistakes. In doing so, we get to be there to encourage, pick them up, offer advice and share what God's word says with them.

In the end, I have to trust that God will lead and guide them. It comes down to this: They are not my children, but they are His and He wants more for them than I ever could imagine!

Trust God with your children today. Set the best example for them that you can and let them see you following hard after the Lord! I still claim the verse, "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it."

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Those are great pics Jen. You all have done such a wonderful job with your kids and it is going to be a blessing to continue to watch them grow in the Lord. (((hugs)))

Have a great Mother's Day!