Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Unanswered Prayers

Today At The Well, we are talking about being overlooked. You know, overlooked for that job promotion, or overlooked and someone else chosen for that assignment that you really wanted. How about overlooked by a man who left you and chose another?

We can look at it from this standpoint of being overlooked, but in my heart and in my eyes, I try not to focus on the fact that I was overlooked. I like to look at it this way:

"Lord, I thank you that you did not grant me this request. I know that no man can shut a door that You have opened for me, and I know that one can not be opened that You have shut. I may get angry because of the outcome, but Lord, in the end, I know that all things work together for my good, because I am Yours...you called me according to Your purpose. So what I consider as being overlooked simply Lord turns out to just not be a part of your plan for my life. As you have said in your Word, "For I know the thoughts and plans I have for you declares the Lord; plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you a hope and a future." I thank you Lord that all those times I have been overlooked, I was being looked out for by You, my Abba, My Daddy. I praise you for all the harm You kept me from by allowing me to be overlooked. At the time, I did not think it was so, but I know without a shadow of a doubt Lord, that You will always choose the best path for me."

As you can see, when we look at it from this point, it no longer looks as if we are being overlooked. It begins to look like we are being protected from harm by the One who cares more for me and you than anyone ever could.

So the next time that something happens and you get overlooked, thank God that He did not answer that prayer to give you what you wanted....or at least what you thought you wanted!

No comments: