Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

Classic Prayers For Children

I was recently asked to reivew a book that was edited and republished by Laurie Latour at Future Christian Homemakers. This little book entitled Classic Prayers for Children has been around a very long time.

I can honestly tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this little book. My daughter loves poetry and this book of classic prayers can also be used as a book of biblical poetry. There are prayers for morning, evening, bedtime, mealtime, when you don't feel good, birthdays, Christmas, school, church, and general prayers.

Each prayer is not long and drawn out, but written with the child in mind. I am really glad that I got to review this book. Right now, Laurie has a great sale going on that will start on Monday. For one week only, you can get this book for $9.99 plus free shipping. If you would like to purchase two, the price drops to $9.00 per book plus free shipping. You can find out more information here. I leave you with one of the poems from this sweet, adorable, little book:

Holy Jesus, be my light
Shine upon my way;
through this tempting changing life
lead me day by day!
Amen

1 comment:

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

What a lovely prayer Jennifer, we have something similar a little Ladybird book very old but really good!
Love Collette xxx