I am free today in America because of those before me who fought so that I could say what I want to say, watch what I want to watch, and be what I want to be.
But today, I am so much more free than just being an American. I am free because of the blood that was shed from my Savior. I am free today because He died in my place. I am free because God's word says that I am free.
- I will walk about in freedom, because I have followed your precepts. Psalm 119:45
- Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom. 2nd Corinthians 3:17
- It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by the yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1
- In Him and through faith in Him, we may approach God with freedom and confidence. Ephesians 3:12
- But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. Romans 6:22
- Because through Jesus Christ the law of the spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2
- Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. 1st Peter 2:16
Through Jesus Christ, I have been freed. I am freer today than I have ever been in my whole life. I no longer fall under the weight of my sin and guilt. God has taken that from me and has made me alive--to live as one who is truly free.
What about you today? Are you truly free? I know you may be an American, but are you free through the Savior? Here is one of my favorite songs by Casting Crowns that helps me to realize what being truly free means! Have a wonderful 4th of July
Happy 4th of July!