Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fried Cream Cheese Wontons


I love Chinese food. I could live on it morning, noon, and night. Of course our budget cannot handle eating Chinese out every night, so I had to find a way to make our favorites at home for a small fraction of the cost. One of my favorite things are these delicious Fried Cream Cheese Wontons. I thought they would be extremely hard to make, but I soon found out that they are one of the easiest things I have ever made, and they taste scrumptious!


Ingredients:
1 block of Cream Cheese Softened
1/4 cup sugar (or more if you like them sweeter)
1/2 package of wonton wrappers
oil for frying
water to make edges stick together


Directions:
Put your oil into a deep pot on the stove and allow it to heat to about 350 degrees. Mix cream cheese and sugar together in a large bowl. Lay out all your won ton wrappers. Take a spoon and put a dollop of the cream cheese mixture in each one. Take a pastry brush and brush each side of the won ton wrapper with water. Bring the edges up to meet in a triangle and press together, making sure the water seals all the edges. Fry a few a time until lightly browned. Be careful and watch for those that will try to open on you. . .it can be a HUGE mess.


Serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce.


Serves:6

1 comment:

Kela said...

Yummmm Yum! Can you come to my house and fix those for us?