Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

I Bought My Own Domain Name!

I am totally excited! My friend and fellow homeschooler, Hannah, moved her blog and bought her own domain name. You can find her at Reflections of a Face. Anyway, she so inspired me by purchasing her own domain name that I decided to do the same thing!

WHY you ask?

Well for one, it is easier for me to tell someone that they can find my blog at jennifersikora.com than belikeesther.blogspot.com (less breath needed in a single sentence).

The second reason is, I want to start using my blog some to bring in some income for my family. I want to start writing and sharing some of that and wanted the name of my blog to look a little more professional than having .blogspot attached to it.

And thirdly, I just think it is sooo cool to have your own domain name. It's not expensive at all! Just $10 per year. You can get your own domain name as well. If you are on Blogger, you can do it straight from your settings screen. If you are with another blog site, you can use GoDaddy.com and they will sell you a domain name.

Anyway, be sure to change your subscription to: www.jennifersikora.com.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Just wanted to let you know that I updated your address on my blogroll. You did a great job getting this set up so quickly! Way to go!