Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

School Has Begun!

Our first week of school went so good. I cannot believe how smooth it all went! The kids were really excited I think to get back to the grind stone (people think I have brainwashed my kids because they actually LOVE school).


Our first week was filled with laughter and fun. I cannot tell you how blessed I feel to be chosen by God as a mother who homeschools her kids. We laugh, we goof off, we learn, but most importantly, we learn to live as family, and to be friends!

This week we started Apologia General Science. I really like the information and all the experiments. Our first experiment was on the density in corn syrup, water, and oil. The kids really love observing, analyzing, and figuring out "what" might happen in their experiment.
The kids were right in their assessments as to which was the heaviest, which was the lightest, and which was in the middle. If you would like to conduct this experiement at home, all you have to do is get 1/4 cup corn syrup, 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup water. They will settle and end up in layers like this:
Then you can put small objects in at different weights to see where they would stay; in the oil, in the water, or in the corn syrup.
We have lots more experiments to do this week and I will try to share them with you as we do them! Hope you enjoy!

No comments: