I had to help my husband install some replacement windows on Tuesday (it is his side job that he does). I was really dreading coming home because I knew I had several loads of laundry that had not been folded yet, dirty dishes in the sink that had to be done and then I needed to cook supper.
My children--all on their own mind you--cleaned my house from top to bottom--including vaccuuming and folding clothes. I walked inside to a spic and span house. At that moment, I felt like I was walking on Cloud 9.
Here are the 5 things I am thankful for about those two kids of mine!
- I am thankful that both of my children know what it means to keep a house tidy and that they enjoy helping me keep it clean.
- I am thankful that they both are growing up and enjoy spending time with me and my husband.
- I am thankful that they want to live their lives pleasing unto the Lord.
- I am thankful that they are just not interested in the opposite sex right now. They have both decided that when God provides their significant other, THEN they will be ready.
- I am thankful that they make good choices when it comes to movies and music. They both have a good head on their shoulders and they know how to seek God in helping them choose the movies and music that they listen to and watch.
This post is linked to Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey.