Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Welcome To My Home

Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester

Welcome to my home! I decided to join the Nester's tour of homes during Christmas this year. To be honest, I don't do much decorating on the inside. My house is small and I don't have much space, but what we do decorate we go ALL out!

Here is a picture of my lovely tree while the lights are off:  (ignore the crooked picture on the wall)


And here is a picture of it all lit up:

Our Christmas tree believe it or not, is 18 years old! Stephen and I got it the first year we were dating. He and his mom had a very UGLY Charlie Brown tree and I wanted them to have something better so I split the cost with him and we bought this tree. During that 18 years, we have accumulated some very special ornaments like this one:

Stephen made this ornament when he was 4 years old. It graces the top of our tree every year and NO other ornament can hang above it. It is the ornament of all ornaments! (wonder what we will do when it finally falls apart)

Then you have ornaments like these:

My momma made a bunch of these when I was a teenager. I sat one day and helped her make hundreds of these and then we sat up at the flea market to sell them. She did not have a very productive sell, so about five years ago, she gave me all of them she had made for my Christmas tree. I, in turn, have shared them with many of my family members who wanted a little piece of momma to bless their trees.

Then you have the handmade ornaments that my daughter always makes..on her own...with no help from the store...the budding artist!

And I just cannot stop here. I HAVE to show you the ornament that has thrown the Protector (aka Ruffles) into a tizzy! Do you see this ornament?

When Ruffles was a puppy, he adopted this ornament as his own. It hangs on a low branch on the Christmas tree and he loves the sound of the jingle bells on this ornament. Being the herding dog that he is, he has brought this ornament into his herd and guards it with his very life. He knows the sounds of the bell so if it gets touched and it jingles, you better watch out because he will come running. We even named it "Jingle Jangle". Even after we take the tree down, you can say that and he gets all territorial. It is a hoot I tell you!

Okay...enough about my tree! I found these adorable stockings at the Dollar Tree this year! Since we have added two new dogs to the mix, everybody got a new stocking this year.

And that is the extent of my decorating on the inside. I had planned on putting garland up and all, but just plain tuckered myself out with the outside of my house. You can see the outside decorations by clicking and reading this post here.

If you would like to showcase your home, you can sign up with the Tour of Homes over at The Nester's Blog.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I love those stockings! We have a Dollar Tree in our area. I might just go there and see if they have any there. We already have our stockings hung but they are all the same. I think it would be so awesome to have different style stockings for each one of us!


Hope you have a great week!
Karen

Heather said...

Your home is lovely, so warm and inviting! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Just stopping by from the Christmas Tour of Homes. Thanks for sharing your home.

-FringeGirl

Deb said...

I enjoyed the tour! Your Christmas blog design is a cute one, too! I'm a retired homeschool mom after 17 years--it does pay off! Keep at it! Thanks for sharing your home.

Sue said...

Love your tree and the homemade ornaments, thank you for sharing.
Sue