Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hershey Bar Cake

As you can tell I love to bake. One of my special *gifts* to my friends is to bake them things on special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, or encouragement.

My daughters friend Kenzie celebrated her tenth birthday this past weekend and she wanted a Hershey Bar Cake. I knew exactly how I was going to prepare it! Beware! According to her mother, this cake is awesome but SO rich!

Hershey Bar Cake

Ingredients
1 box of chocolate cake mix, prepared as directed
1 can of Hershey's syrup
1 can of Eagle Brand condensed milk
1 large container of Cool Whip
6 Hershey candy bars

Directions
After baking the cake, remove from the oven and let cool for five minutes. Poke cake with a fork all over and pour condensed milk over cake. Let stand for 1 minute, then pour Hershey's syrup over cake. Crush 4 of the candy bars and sprinkle over chocolate mixture and let melt for a little bit. Spread around (it's okay if there are chocolate bits all over it).

Spread Cool Whip all over the cake. Separate the remaining candy bars and poke them in the top of the cake. Refrigerate until chilled!

Like I said. . . this cake is VERY rich!
 


1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh my! That sounds like a chocolatey delight! I bet it is rich! Sounds like something I would LOVE!