Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Crocheting and Teaching Yourself

A while back you may remember me telling you that Kayla and I were learning to crochet. Our homeschool friends came over and we had a big party and laughed and learned a little bit together. I really only learned one stitch, but I wanted to really learn how to crochet so I started looking on YouTube and I found the perfect videos to help teach you how to crochet--without spending one dime on books!

This video on double stitch crocheting rocks! The Knit Witch Double Crochet

After I learned the stitch (in like two minutes), I finished this wonderful project in two weeks(the baby blanket for Kayla's dolly):


Kayla wanted to make a hat for her baby doll. She sat down and taught herself just by envisioning what a circle looks like this adorable doll hat!




Never be afraid to try something. You will be surprised at your ability when you allow yourself to try!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just tooooooo precious!!!

Cracked Pot said...

Hey, I meant to post this the other day when your daughter was asking about patterns for crocheting but here is a website I found with free patterns for all kinds of things in all kinds of areas. Hope you can use it.

http://www.favecrafts.com