Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Homeschool Help

Photographer: Carlos Porto
Still Life Photography

What do you do when what you are using for school doesn't work for your child? I have been on the end of that question too many times in my life. When I first started homeschooling, I would make my kids trudge through whatever it was I purchased, but then, one day I received a great word of advice from a seasoned homeschool mom. She was talking about setting your child up for success. It was at that point I realized that I was the one trying to succeed, but was not caring whether or not they were going to succeed.

I started asking them what they liked to do to learn and what ways would help them to remember the material better. I started listening to what they wanted to study and what their interests were. It made all the difference in our homeschool.

My advice to you is if you are struggling right now regarding schoolbooks and learning, find ways that work for your children and as my friend said to me, set your children up for success!

No comments: