Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

How To Roast a Chicken


I used to be scared to death of roasting a chicken. I was always afraid that I might not get the chicken all the way done, and then it would be a waste of my time and money.

I decided to try it one day after seeing one cooked on t.v. I purchased my chicken and on the back of the package was the instructions on how to properly roast a chicken.

Turn your oven on to 375 degrees. Take pats of butter and place underneath the skin of the breast and inside the cavity of the chicken. You will have to separate the skin from the meat in order to get the butter in there. Just push your fingers in and it will make a hole. Then take some more butter and rub all over the outside of the skin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper all over the skin.

Place in a shallow roasting pan and roast for 20 minutes per pound of chicken.  If you cook it this way, I PROMISE you, your bird will come out juicy and delicious! During your cooking time, take the bird out periodically and baste with the melted butter.

If you have time, you can brine your chicken which will also enhance the flavor. Brining a chicken is really easy. You can read about how to do that HERE on E-How.

No comments: