Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mistakes, Mistakes, Mistakes

This week has been a week of stupid mistakes for me. I really hate when I make wrong choices or decisions that effect how I feel and my closeness with the Lord.

I won't even bore you with the details because they are dumb and stupid. Some of those decisions came in the middle of the night while I slept, invading my dreams, while others were made during the day that make me hate myself for giving in to my flesh.

So how do we get past when we make those horrible mistakes that alter how we view ourselves, how we view our relationship with God?

For me, the first thing was admitting that I had indeed made a mistake or a wrong choice. Sometimes this is the absolute hardest thing in the world to do. We know we have sinned and done something wrong, yet we want to blame everyone and everything for why this choice was made.

Once you have admitted it to the Lord and repented, you have to accept the fact that God has indeed forgiven you for that mistake or wrong choice and now it is time to move on and not dwell on it.

That seems to be where I am stuck at right now. I keep beating myself up because I "know" better, so why did I do what I did? The only explanation is. . .I let my guard down. . . .again. I really hate when I do that. When I don't spend enough time praying and reading, I find myself making really stupid mistakes, and then I beat myself up for making those mistakes.

We have to learn to accept the fact that we are not perfect and that we are going to fail, end. of. story.  But we cannot spend so much time focusing on those mistakes we made. We need to refocus our sight back on the Lord and what He has in store for us. This is the quickest and easiest way to get your mind and heart back to where it needs to be.

Take the time each day to pray, read God's word, and make God your #1 priority.

No comments: