Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Training Them To Be. . . .

Yesterday was one of the proudest "mommy moments" I have ever had in my entire life. My son, who just happens to be growing into one of the nicest young men you will ever meet, was looking out our front door and noticed that there was a man trimming a neighbor's hedges. He stood there for a few minutes watching the older gentleman cut down these 8 foot tall shrubs.

All of a sudden, he said to me, "Mom, I am gonna go help that man cut those shrubs down. We've done that before and those bushes can be a lot for one person to handle." I told him, "He probably isn't going to pay you." (thinking that is why he was doing it). He said, "I know. I just want to help someone today."

At that moment, I realized how quickly he is maturing into what Stephen and I have prayed for since the day he was born. He is growing into a wonderful young man. He is always willing to jump in and help someone who has too much work, or someone who is burdened.

It didn't stop there! Later I looked out the door, and because of his willingness to put aside his playtime, he had recruited all of his friends that he usually plays with to help this man cut and pack limbs from those bushes. I was just simply amazed.

As a mother, I don't want him to grow up. I want him to remain my little boy forever. However, there is this part of me that is SO excited to see him mature and grow into what God wants for him. I am excited to watch God unfold new directions in his life. I have to trust that the Lord loves him more than me and will do everything He can to direct his paths.

Just thought I would share with you a little of my special mommy heart!

No comments: