Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Ultimate Jedi Master


toolsareforwomentoo
I know NOTHING about Star Wars, but my husband and my kids LOVE it. In fact, hubby's favorite character is none other than Master Yoda (I am SO short that he has nicknamed me that. I take it as a huge compliment--aside the fact that Yoda is hairy green, old, and quite round.)

Anyway, Kayla found this adorable tutorial awhile back on crocheting your own Master Yoda. This is what she wanted to do for her dad for Father's Day.


Kayla gave him his card and then handed him the box. The card was SO adorable. It said--"Happy Father's Day to the KING of the clicker" (fits perfectly. And for those of you who don't know what a "clicker" is--it's a remote control for the tv).

When Stephen opened the box and looked inside--
Kayla was laughing SO hard that she got Stephen tickled as well. She just could not wait for him to see Master Yoda.


His one eye was a little loose but ain't he adorable? Kayla even made him a cane and a light saber!

Who says that a present has to be purchased? The ones made with love are my favorite!

4 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Master Yoda is hilarious! I would have been laughing, too.
Your daughter reminds me of my Katherine (she's 25), who always finds the most fitting cards for her father--mostly featuring guys in lounge chairs with 'clickers' (or channel changers, as we call them).

Kim -today's creative blog said...

that is a great story! Love it.
Please link back to me. :)

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Ha ha!
I love the crocheted Yoda!
I think the droopy eye makes it cuter!
Your daughter did a great job!

Heather Bredimus said...

Hi Jennifer! I found your site off of Today’s Creative Blog! I love your craft! I wish I knew how to crochet! I just signed up to be your newest follower! Woo hoo! I hope you stop by my new blog. I just started it 2 months ago and would love new friends! Please come see me at http://www.modernfamilymagazine.com

-Heather-