Week #5 Challenge: Make a list of 5 things you currently do and ask your husband to prioritize them for you of what is important to him. For example - a clean home, home cooked dinner, coupon clipping, service at church, having friends over for dinner, watching/doing sports with him, etc.
I learned a while back that the things I consider important to my husband are not always what he considers important. One of those things is our home. He likes a presentable home, but if it is straight, but other things are left undone such as errands he asked me to complete, meals not cooked, his work clothes not cleaned--then I have gotten the items out of priority.
I asked him last night what his priorities were for the things I do for him. He said he needed to think about that, but I can pretty much guess what they are (just cause I know him that well).
- Being available to help him when he has extra work to perform. This keeps his income free and clear of having to hire help and it also gives us some special one on one time.
- Making sure I complete the errands that he needs me to do. I often fail at this one. Before this weekend, I would put those things off because they were not that important to me. But now, in light of recent events that God used to show me what is truly important and what is not, his priorities are now my number one priorities.
- Making sure he has a good meal before he leaves for work every day. Breakfast is an important meal and making sure he gets one is one of the top things I can do for him.
- Cooking meals at home to save money on eating out. If we have to work in the afternoon, I will cook something earlier in the day so that when we get home, all we have to do is heat it up.
- Making sure that his clothes and house are in order.
What about you??