Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Basking In the Sun









I love this photo. Wherever there is a spot of sun on the floor, Tucker wants to be in it. It makes him feel loved, happy, content, and warm. Being in the light is what's it's all about.









What about you? Have you been shrinking back from the light, trying to stay in the shadows? One verse that reminds me to continue walking in the light is this one:

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

Isaiah 2:5
Come, O house of Jacob, let us walk in the light of the LORD.

Psalm 56:13
For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.

Let's make it a point to continue to walk with God, to bask in His presence--in His light.

10 comments:

Emily said...

I love this! Our dog Rudi does the exact same thing, it's funny. She even begs to go outside so she can lay on the deck and sun herself! :)

Amanda said...

You've won me over lol! Any post with a dog in it, has to be brilliant!

I love the scriptures and the analogy you used... it paints a perfect picture and message...

Bless you and happy WFW!

Teacher Engineer said...

wonderful post..the dog is do cute:)Godbless

lori said...

Jennifer,
May we ever be looking for the "light!"

Awesome pics! :) too cute!

peace,
lori

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

What encouraging Bible verses with such a terrific "model!" :) I bet my granddog (all of them really) would love these as well! :)

Peggy said...

Blessings Jennifer! Love your sweet dog photo(s) basking in the sun! How we can learn so much from our beloved companions of staying in His Light!

Love the verses that you chose and the encouragement not to shrink back from the light but walk in His glorious light! I just wanna be in His Presence & His light! Thanks for leading us to the warmth of His Love!

Peace,
Peggy

Toia said...

The pictures are adorable. And love the scriptures you chose...Thanks for sharing God's word!!! Happy WFW!!!

Janis Van Keuren said...

I love posts about our dogs. I just used our "Chip" in my gratitude list for Multitude Monday. And he goes on and lies down in the sun on this hot desert days! I guess that's a real clue as to how much we need to be drawn to the Light!

Blessings,
Janis

Whidbey Woman said...

:) This post warmed my heart. Happy WFW! Cute dog.

Thelittlebrownhouse.us said...

Beautiful - great reminder!